Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Eatery - Four Points by Sheraton

The Eatery - Four Points by Sheraton - Review

Viman Nagar 



Our spontaneous dinner plan led us here – the menu looked promising. It’s on the ground floor of Four Points by Sheraton, Nagar Road, tucked away into a corner. Afghani fish tikka, grilled chicken, paneer schezwan and  masala aloo were the starters which they served on the table. The tikka was simply delicious; cooked to perfection with impeccable flavor. The chicken we found to be pretty dry and dull, paneer was fine and I didn’t even taste the aloo. I had the pumpkin and chicken soup, which was pleasant and wholesome. The basil-tomato soup did not attraction my attention and neither did the huge array of what could have been freshly baked breads. A major disappointment was that there was no cheese platter, which I look forward to at such buffet places. However, there was a lot of variety in salads – egg salad, paneer with mustard sauce and capsicum were the ones I liked the most.




There were live stations for pasta and Kolkata roll. We ordered white sauce pasta, it was decent. I did not fancy kolkata rolls, I feel they could have been much, much better. Main course had chicken chettinad, Mediterranean polenta, fish prepared in a way I do not remember (but was nice!), vegetable gumbo (complete with okra), paneer, lauki with moong dal, yellow dal, jeera rice, Singapore noodles, etc. We ordered butter laccha parathas to go with the Indian curries. Paneer was good but the chettinad turned out to be the best of the Indian preparations. I have never really liked polenta, but this time I enjoyed it.


We quickly moved on to the desserts which was their most elaborate section. There were 10 or more desserts and we had the honor of cutting the black forest cake. Moong dal halwa was way too rich and cardomomy for my liking. Brioche bread pudding was brilliant – both in presentation and flavor. Apart from these hot desserts, the cold desserts had something distinctive - a Spanish coconut dessert which I loved.  Dutch pastry with papaya, red velvet cake, dark chocolate brownie, kiwi mousse were the continental desserts. When I was helping myself to a second serving of some of my favourites here – particularly the red velvet cake -  the manager noticed and remarked how I am enjoying the desserts more! I would have liked to enjoy main course as much too if only there would have been better options. 

Service was dutiful.  For this price, I wouldn’t go there again.  

(Dinner buffet per person: 900+ taxes)
The Eatery - Four Points by Sheraton Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



No comments:

Post a Comment